Friday 9 March 2012

Death at La Fenice

I ordered this book after listening to Donna Leon on Mariella Frostrup's Book Programme podcast.
First published in 1992 it is the first of her novels starring Commissario of Police Guido Brunetti.
I loved this edition because the writing was quite big and it didn't strain my eyes to read it in bed.  Also because I liked the scene setting and found myself in parts of Venice off limits to outsiders.
I found the characters believable and the pace of the plot kept me interested.  I considered the twist right at the beginning and then decided it was not likely so it came as a surprise again at the end.  I will definitely try another Brunetti story of hers and think it will be a lovely companion to a bottle of sunscreen and a sun lounger.

No comments:

Post a Comment