Saturday 14 January 2012

Snow Drops

I think this author could have written a much better book with a Muscovite background.  Miller demonstrates an ability to see and take his readers into a city that they may never visit for themselves.  I particularly enjoyed his references to the changing of the seasons which happens so very differently in Moscow than in the UK.

Had he placed a more interesting plot and/or more convincing characters agains that backdrop then this would have been a winner.  As it is I thought it a bit flat.  The baddies were so thoroughly bad they were unidimensional and there don't seem to be any goodies, just fools.

We know nothing about her but I think Nicholas must be marrying a very boring girl who is probably the wrong side of 35 and desperate - who else would marry him?  I hope she takes the opportunity to escape when she reads this.

No comments:

Post a Comment